Wednesday 9 March 2016

Blog #9 ------------- 2005-2009

2005: This year was a very significant and vital year for gaming. It brought out the release of one of today’s most influential games- Kirby: Canvas Curse. Of course, that’s only what we call it here in North America. In Europe, the momentous game is known as Kirby: Power Paintbrush, and in Japan, it’s known as “Touch! Kirby”.

The day that Drawcia emerges from a strange portal out of the sky and casts a spell over Dream Land, turning into a world of paint, was the day that everyone knew what they needed to do: Follow Drawcia through the portal with Kirby, and help him defeat her as she throws Kirby’s old foes back at him.

“The best Kirby game to date”. That’s all I should need to say about that.


2006: Every year my family has a celebration because of what happened on December 4 this year. I believe that everybody should remember and celebrate the important event that occurred on this day. Kirby: Squeak Squad, “The best Kirby game to date”.

Sadly this game was only released on the Nintendo DS, and unlike Canvas Curse, the player used face buttons instead of the touch screen to control Kirby.


2007: This year was, without a doubt, the absolute worst year in all of video game history. I remember being a sad 10 year old wondering… “Why wasn’t there a new Kirby game released this year?” I don’t even know if I can continue this blog… I guess I can just talk about some other trash game that got released this year

Team Fortress 2, Portal, Halo 3, Guitar hero 3. I’ve probably only spent a few hundred hours playing these games. They’re not even really worth noting, but I have to mention something.


2008: Finally! A new Kirby game. Well, not really new… Kirby Super Star Ultra was released this year for the DS. It was just a remake of Kirby Super Star, but with new enhanced graphics, music, and included some new fancy 3D cut-scenes. “Best Kirby game to date”.


2009: This, once again, was a terrible year for the video game industry. If I can’t go a day without thinking about Kirby, how can I go a year without receiving a new Kirby game? Honestly I don’t understand how the video game industry can survive under these conditions.

This year was fairly important though, because of an amazing game called “Call of Duty: 1v1 me fgt”, which included a new game mode called “Quick scopes only or I’ll report you” as well as “g3t n0 sc0p3d k1d”

Modern Warfare 2 was my favorite game in the Call of Duty series (until Black Ops 3). I’m trying to find something sarcastic to say so it doesn’t seem like I actually like COD, but I played this game every day for about 2 years straight.


Dragon Age: Origins also came out this year, which is essentially the exact opposite of MW2, which is probably why I never played it, but I heard it was a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment